General Meertings Start at 6:30pm
During the depression, Mrs Roscoe Mitchell saw 6 immigrant boys playing in this makeshift clubhouse on the side of the road.
The "West Side" of Buffalo
Once considered the "Italian Ghetto"
Mrs Mitchell decided to buy this old barn on Efner Street and gave it to the boy's in the neighborhood on the condition that they respect the memory of her son. In 1933 the building was named the Butler Mitchell Boy's Club
Purchased Old Barn on Efner Street
Membership grew rapidly, a church was rented and all programs were moved here. The young adults had a safe place to go for recreation which included a gymnasium, game room and a wood shop.
274 Virginia Street
The Boy's Clubs of Buffalo and Boy's Clubs of Niagara Frontier jointly sponsored a campaign to raise enough money to erect a new building
In Buffalo's West Side.
370 Massachusetts Avenue
"A camaraderie like no other"
Butler Mitchell Alumni Association, Inc.
Butler Mitchell Alumni
Office and Meeting Room
28 Bouck Street
Tonawanda, New York 14150